Intex Saltwater System w/ Built-in 2000 gph Filter Pump
2000 Gallon Per Hour Water Filtration Pump with a Built-in Chlorine Generator
Click to enlarge image(s)
Chlorinator Filter Pump with Copper Ionization Features:
Now the Krystal Clear Saltwater System uses a unique two-stage technology to sanitize your pool.
Filters & chlorinates 2000 gallons per hour by process of saline conversion chlorination.
The new copper ionization feature releases highly active disinfectant ions which create a potent biocide and attack algae more aggressively than chlorine alone or other packaged pool chemicals.
Fits all 12', 15', 18' and 24' Intex Easy Set™ Pools, Frame Set™ Pools, Soft Side Pools and Ellipse™ Pools as well as Aqua Leisure™ Simple-Set™ pools and San-N-Sun™ brand pools with 1.25" and 1.50" inside diameter hose connections.
No chemicals needed! This amazing pump uses common table salt to produce chlorine thereby eliminating the need for dangerous chlorine chemical compounds, acids, shock treatments or any other toxic pool chemicals.
Very easy to use! Touch-sensitive control panel allows user to pre-program operating hours while the flow sensor system alerts the operator to adverse operating conditions.
Features a self-cleaning titanium-coated electrolytic cell for continuous optimum performance.
Safe to operate! This pump design has been tested, listed and certified by UL & CSA
- A waterproof on/off switch mounted on the pump
- Includes all necessary fittings, clamps, strainers and hoses as well as 50 chlorine test strips and a detailed instruction manual
- Includes one Type B Filter Cartridge (ITX59905E).
- Two year Limited warranty from the manufacturer, Intex® against manufacturer's defects. Any warranty claim must be submitted to the manufacturer. For warranty inquiries please call the Intex Consumer Hot line at 1-800-234-6839, Monday thru Friday, 9am to 5pm Pacific time
Chlorination Process Description:
- What is saline conversion chlorination? Saline chlorination is a term used for the process of converting the salt dissolved in water into active liquid chlorine, known as hypochlorite, for the sanitization of swimming pool & spa water.
- How does saline conversion chlorination work?
1. A specific quantity of pure, non-iodized, fine grain table salt is added to the pool water to create a saltwater (saline) concentration of 0.3% (3000 parts per million). This salinity concentration is slightly less than the salinity level found in most human tears, thus it is very gentle to the swimmer's eyes and skin.
2. Liquid chlorine (hypochlorite) is created through a process called electrolysis. As the water pump passes the saline through the chlorinator cell a low voltage DC current is applied to the saline. This applied energy current changes the salt dissolved in the water into liquid chlorine (hypochlorite). The liquid chlorine immediately mixes with the water leaving the chlorinator cell and flows into the swimming pool as clean, chlorinated water.
3. The continuous introduction of liquid chlorine will ensure the continuous sanitization of the pool's water and will not allow the growth of algae. When the liquid chlorine has destroyed the bacteria in the pool, it reverts to salt. This means that the salt is continually regenerated in the process and the only loss of salt is due to backwashing, splash-out and overflow. It may be necessary to add salt to the pool water to bring the concentration back to the desired level of 3,000 parts per million.
4. Combining copper ionization with the electrolysis process reduces the amount of chlorine required by up to 70%! This is because when copper ions are released into the water they attach to microorganism cells and block photosynthesis causing the cells to die, keeping algae under control.
- This form of chlorination will not damage your pool! Chlorine "tablets" or "powder" can damage the pool liner while saline conversion will not. Also, the mildly salted water will not affect the PVC plumbing, filters or pump.
- Saline chlorination is easier and safer! You will not need to buy or store any dangerous chemicals as you would for a pool with an out-dated conventional filtration pump. You will not need to "shock" this pool with raw chlorine as you would with older pools. Plus, the chlorine generator is self-cleaning which makes it 100% maintenance free!
- 50 salinity test strips are included! The test strips will allow you to easily test the water's salinity level to determine if you need to add salt. This supply of 50 test strips should last you at least two summers.
- Availability: In stock, usually package leaves our Processing Center within two business days.
All List Prices are Manufacturer Suggested Retail Prices